Black Is It.

Friday, June 12, 2015



Shocking news! I wore black and it's not even winter! My long held belief that black doesn't look good on me may be a thing of the past. Well, let me not make such a sweeping declaration.Let me simply say that I have found the solution to wearing black without looking like a stick figure. It comes down to the cut or the  proportions of the piece(s). Loose works better but I can also wear one item that's close fitting provided at least  one of the other pieces in the outfit falls away from my body. This long linen shift does justice to my straight, slender frame without making me disappear. The dress's cut combined with it being made from linen gives an almost ascetic effect. That's not to say I did minimalist. Let's not get too ambitious!








Dress: Thrifted
Bag:Vintage Coach, Thrifted
Sandals:Banana Republic
Belt:Thrifted
Necklaces:Ethiopia
Bangles: From India to Mali to Atlanta
Hoops: Local ghetto girl store
Watch:Diesel

Photo Credit: Aqueldon Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment