La Vida Naranja

Thursday, June 18, 2015



Can we talk about the happiness that is this orange dress! It's such a delicious colour. Makes me think of various tropical fruit...pawpaws and mangoes for example. In addition to the exuberant hue, I like how it fits, like it was specifically made for me. This is the second traditional Mexican dress that I've owned. The other is short, cream and embroidered with a multicoloured floral design. I would share photos of that one with you but it's not in the best of shape. Suffice it to say, I wore the heck out of it. You can't blame me. There's something special about clothing that's not just pretty but also reflects a people's rich culture...clothing that has history. Another reason why I wish to explore Mexico further. I might even be lucky to find more of these beauties! 







Dress: Vintage
Bag: Purchased in Morocco
Necklaces: Moroccan & Indian
Ring: Indian & Tuareg
Earrings: Purchased @ a beauty supply store in NY
Bracelets:Indian

Photo Credit : Jax Achieng





No comments:

Post a Comment