Travel Diary : Jardim Botanico, Rio de Janeiro

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

 


On my second and last day in Rio de Janeiro, I ventured to the  Jardim Botanico (Botanic Gardens). As soon as I arrived I was enthralled by the sense of calm that emanated from the premises. Teeming with greenery, it soothed whatever angst I had been feeling up until that point. Since I arrived near to closing hours, there weren't many other visitors present. For most of my visit it was just me and the trees/plants. I relished the chance to be alone with nature. As I strolled through the lush surroundings, I came upon an old church. The weathered structure seemed to me a sanctuary within a sanctuary. I'm not sure if the environment had rubbed off on the diminutive worship place or if the sanctity of the building had influenced the man made paradise. I suppose it's also possible that the two came to be in tandem, complementary manifestations of what's sacred. Eventually, I parted ways with the chapel and approached another gorgeous building in the garden, one larger but no less charming. There I was blessed with one more precious view... Pao de Acucar (Sugar Loaf mountain). As dusk fell upon Rio, I felt touched by beauty and harmony.






















Skirt: Vintage, Thrifted
Blazer: JCrew
Tank: Forever 21
Bag: Thrifted
Sandals:Banana Republic





No comments:

Post a Comment