A Simple Thanks

Friday, March 18, 2016



One way to invite blessings into our lives is to express gratitude for the things with which we have already been blessed. Praying, keeping a 'gratitude journal' and giving Thank You cards are some ways I practise gratitude. Giving Thank You cards is probably the one I enjoy most. At a time when many of our interactions are electronic and extremely fast, it feels intimate and special to give someone a hand written note. I started collecting Thank You cards several years ago and have become slightly obsessed. I continually keep them in stock among my home stationnery and in my hand-bags. In this way, they are at hand whenever I receive a gift from a loved one and wish to respond to their generousity. They come in handy for other instances too. Sometimes, I just feel a whim to remind someone dear to me about how much I cherish him or her or I feel like letting someone who serves me (mail-person; flight crew or hotel staff know that I appreciate what they do). It's so gratifying to see the smiles that light up strangers' faces or to hear from friends and family that my gesture brightened their day.Do you guys like sharing Thank You notes? What are some ways you like expressing thanks to those around you? 

My favourite sources for Thank You Cards:
Target,TJMaxx, Marshall's, Home Goods and Michael's Craft store in the US.They all have good deals but I think Michael's has the best (although not as wide a variety as Target). The plain 'Merci' & 'Thank You' cards shown here, top most and bottom most, were purchased at Michael's for a whopping $1.00 per pack of 10. I'm still looking for a good place to buy them at home in 
Trinidad & Tobago.  
For my Trini peeps, I'll share them when I do or maybe you know of some...? 



No comments:

Post a Comment