SOCIAL MEDIA

15.3.16

Rumpled Charlie



Years ago, my bestie Zalika used to laugh at my very Caribbean tendency to not go out with un-ironed clothing. I used to heckle her very American tendency to leave home with obviously wrinkled clothing. Years later the situation changed, at least on my end.  I'm not sure if it's my friendship with Z or my living in the US for a long time that's to blame. At any rate, I no longer iron 'everything' before leaving home. My parents are sometimes appalled when I attempt to go out like a 'Rumpled Charlie or like 'I don't have an owner' (by the way, do these phrases exist in other countries or are  they Trini/Caribbean expressions?) In my parents' defense, I became a bit ridiculous with it...NOT Zee's fault. For example, I began to think that if it was denim, I didn't need to iron it...uhmmm! Not true! Thanks to photos capturing me in obnoxiously wrinkled denim, I realised this. Maybe I can strike a balance with the ironing thing.  I'll let you know how this goes. 

Chambray shirt:  Aéropostale; Thrifted 
Jeans: Vintage; Thrifted
Bag: Vintage Dooney & Burke; Thrifted
Boots: Steve Madden
Earrings: From Mali, bought at Cultural Accents, Atlanta 
Bangles: Collected from various places
Bandana: Thrifted

Photography Credit: Kaye Mc Coy of 7th Street Studio

Post a Comment