SOCIAL MEDIA

21.3.16

Good Ol' Navy


Let's talk about faithful coats and faithful colours. I've had this coat for almost ten years now. Would you believe it was a Thrift store find?! Actually, most of my coats are thrift store purchases. This particular old friend has been good to me, helping me feel cosy yet look classy on many a dreary winter day.Which brings me to the colour. Navy blue is hands down one of my go to neutrals. It goes well with just about any other colour. Much the same as black but less stark. I think it lends a note of sophistication, making just about any look a bit more polished. Should you want to maximise the polished quotient, pair navy blue with plum or burgundy...Et voila! Très chic! With such a rich combo, a grandpa sweater and chucks look casually elegant. Wrap around an ethnic scarf for an extra layer of warmth and texture.

Coat: Vintage; Thrifted
Sweater: Zara Men's ; Thrifted
Top: Ann Taylor Loft; Thrifted
Pants:West End Mall
Bag: Dooney & Burke; Thrifted
Scarf: A gift from Ethiopia 
  Earrings: Fulani; Cultural Accents 
 Sneakers: Converse  

 Photography Credit: Kaye Mc Coy

3 comments :

  1. This blog has inspired me so much within minutes of discovery, you are amazing from your style to the fact that there is a woman like you out there who loves to read as much as I do! In love with this blog. Keep Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thank you so much sis for the support. It's pleasing to know that I have company in my book~wormness. Lol. Let's keep inspiring one another!

      Delete