SOCIAL MEDIA

26.8.18

So So Yellow!






As far as I'm concerned, nothing beats a flowy dress for hot days. Add a vibrant colour or unusual detail and you have a piece that's an instant favourite for me. I wore this dress to my cousin's wedding last month and it was the perfect choice. It just felt so casually elegant. Not surprisingly, the colour is what caught my attention. I am not always keen on yellow but when I am, it's always an extremely saturated yellow that I gravitate towards. This saffron number is precisely that. Once the colour pulled me in, the touch of ruffles, straight yet loose shape and midi length sealed the deal. I knew that it would be perfect for hours of mingling, eating and celebrating. I grabbed a blazer for a touch of modesty in the church and in case the air conditioning was on blast. For the most part though, I didn't need it. I was so busy soaking in the joy of my cousin's special day (and dusting off my soca moves on the dance floor) that I was grateful for the  dress's simplicity. Metallic accents such as a vintage purse thrifted from the Goodwill and pewter stacked heels added pizazz while maintaining the comfort factor. This dress will definitely be making several more appearances over the coming months for date nights, festivals and such. You can find it here at Target

Are you a fan of  yellow? What shades of yellow do you prefer?

Photography Credit: Acqueldon Burns 

Post a Comment