SOCIAL MEDIA

15.3.19

Ancestral Memory's 2019 Soca Round-up





Last year I shared my favourite soca songs from the Carnival season. It was so much fun to compile that list that I decided to do so again with an annual series. Even though soca songs are typically created for enjoyment during Carnival, from the fetes to the masquerades,  the best ones possess an appeal way after Trinidad & Tobago's famous festival each year. I like to play this feel good music when I'm cleaning, working out or when I need a lil extra pep in my step. With the abundance of new releases in 2019, now is a particularly good time to get to know soca if you haven't already. Here are thirteen songs to start. Click on each to listen via YouTube. Enjoy!

*Savannah Grass by Kes
    
*So Long by Nadia Batson

*Hookin Meh by Farmer Nappy

*Gyal Owner by Blaxx

*Love It by Kes

*Good by Patrice Roberts

*Smile by Voice

*Right For Somebody by Kerwin du Bois

*Nah Let Go by Kes

*Alive & Well by Voice

*I Like It Hot by Patrice Roberts

*Touch Me by Patrice Roberts

*This is De Place by Patrice Roberts

Photographs by Kyeon Constantine 

Post a Comment